Click here to download your party invitations.
The menu will be given to you on receipt of a deposit, this must be returned to Aberdeen Science Centre via e-mail birthdays@nullASC.scot or phone 01224 640340 at least three weeks before the party. Allergies and dietary requirements can be catered for. (We do not have the expertise to cater for children who suffer from severe food allergies, however own food can be brought in these circumstances.)
Please see the FAQs for more information.
How do I find out if the date I want is available?
Call the centre on 01224 640340 and ask to speak to a member of the Commercial Team who will be happy to help with your enquiry
The weekend I wanted is fully booked, do you do weekday parties?
Depending on staff availability we may be able to offer mid-week parties. If we are able to do this, the party would be from 16:00 – 18:00. Please call the centre on 01224 640340 and ask to speak to Elaine to discuss this.
Where Can I get party invitations?
Click here to download your party invitations.
Is there enough parking for guests?
We have a free of charge car park to the left hand side of the building which provides space for guests to park.
How much is the deposit?
The deposit is £50 and we require it within two weeks after your booking date in order to secure the booking for you. Once we have received this we will give you birthday invitations, the party menu and a hard copy of our Terms and Conditions for you to read at you leisure.
Can I pay the deposit over the phone/online?
Unfortunately we cannot take payments over the phone or online at the moment. You can either come into the centre or post us a cheque made payable to Satrosphere Enterprises to make your payment. For further information please call the Commercial Team at Satrosphere Science Centre on 01224 640340.
Is there a minimum number of children needed?
Yes, the minimum number is 10 children. If you have less children attend you will still be charged for 10. The final number of guests will be required one week before the party.
How many adults can be admitted free of charge?
For children aged 5 and under, one adult can be admitted free of charge for every party child. For children aged 6 and over, up to 4 adults can be admitted free per party. Any additional adults will be charged the £5.75 adult entry fee. Adults accompanying the party should supervise the party at all times.
When does the menu need to be submitted?
We request the birthday party menu be submitted three weeks prior to the party. This menu is for the party as a whole and not per individual child.
Do I need to bring anything other than just a cake?
Most parents prefer to bring their own candles as the ones we have here are from previous parties. We will bring it to the table to sing Happy Birthday then cut it up and either wrap it and put it in the party bags or serve it to the children.
What is in the party bags?
We try as much as possible to make the party bags gender neutral. We try our best to vary the items but each party bag will usually contain the following:
- A puzzle based item
- A book based item
- A stationary based item
- A miscellaneous item
Some parents like to provide extras for the party bags – this is no problem at all! Just hand any items in at reception at the beginning of the party and we will pop them into the bags so that they are ready for the end of the party.
- Various times are available on both Saturday and Sunday, please call the Commercial Team on 01224 640340 to discuss this
- Weekday parties dependent on staff availability, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Included in cost:
- Downloadable invitations, personal Partyologist, themed workshop (approx 20-30mins), Science-on the-Spot demonstration, time on exhibition floor, party food, party bag for each child with an extra present for the birthday child.
- Bubbles: Children will see a Bubble Show where they will learn about bubbles and even get to stand inside a giant bubble! Recommended for children of all ages.
- Bug handling: Children will get to meet, hold and touch real live creepy crawlies! Recommended for children aged 5 and above.
- Slime: Children will put on lab coats and mix up a gooey slime to take home. Recommended for children aged 5 and above.
- Volcanoes: Children will put on lab coats and work in small groups to build up volcanoes and watch them erupt. Recommended for children aged 5 and above.
- CSI: Aberdeen: Children will collect evidence and interrogate staff to try and solve the mystery of the stolen TOP SECRET experiment. Recommended for children aged 7 and above.
- 10 children, final numbers will be requested one week before party (10 children is the minimum that will be charged for – see below for terms and conditions).
- For children aged 5 and under, one adult can be admitted free of charge for every party child. For children aged 6 and over, up to 4 adults can be admitted free per party. Any additional adults will be charged the £5.75 adult entry fee. Adults accompanying the party should supervise the party at all times.
- Menu choices must be submitted to Satrosphere via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01224 640 340 at least three weeks prior to the party date.
- If parents bring a cake, we will bring it to the table with candles to sing Happy Birthday. We can then cut it up and either wrap it and put it in the party bags or serve it to the children.
- On arrival, the children will be met by their Partyologist who will store coats and presents safely, and then gives the group a brief familiarisation – toilet location, timetable of events etc.
- Satrosphere is not responsible for valuables stored on-site.
- The children will be called when the workshop is due to start, for the Science On The Spot demonstration and to the cafe for their food. Food will be served in the last half hour of the party.
- We do not have the expertise to cater for children who suffer from severe food allergies, however own food can be brought in these circumstances.
- We will try our best to conform to any special requirements although we would need notification at least 3 weeks before the party. i.e. vegetarian, vegan, hearing impaired.
To book your party or to find out more information please call and ask to speak to a member of the Commercial Team on 01224 640340 or email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions apply.