About this Event
In partnership with the Improving Gender Balance and Equalities team from Education Scotland, this is the third workshop in a new series for STEM Ambassadors in Scotland.
Workshop 4: Designing Inclusive Activities
The workshop will take place in two sections:
– Part 1: Presentation from IGBE team
– Part 2: Discussion and idea sharing
During the workshop topics covered will include:
– Recap on why the need to tackle gender stereotypes (GS) and unconsious bias (UB)
– How GS and UB impact activity design and people engage with activities
– Impact this has on self-perception and choices
– What makes an inclusive, engaging and accessible activity
Each workshop has been designed to be a stand-alone session but recommend STEM Ambassadors try to attend all of them to make the most of the opportunity. Further Workshops will be:
- Role models
- What can you do? How can you tell it was useful? (Action planning and feedback)
This workshop will take place online using Zoom.