About this Event
In partnership with the Improving Gender Balance and Equalities team this is the first workshop in a new series for STEM Ambassadors in Scotland.
Workshop 1: Introduction to gender stereotypes (GS) and unconscious bias (UB)
The workshop will take place in two sections:
– Part 1: Presentation from IGBE team
– Part 2: Discussion and idea sharing
During the workshop topics covered will include:
– Why tackle gender stereotypes (GS) and unconsious bias (UB)?
– Introduction to GS and UB as well as other protected characteristics
– What can we do to mitigate?
Each workshop has been designed to be a stand-alone session but recommend STEM Ambassadors try to attend all of them to make the most of the opportunity. Further Workshops will be:
- Language part 1 – origins of gender-stereotyped language and the effect of our unconscious bias
- Language part 2 – language, unconscious bias and career choice
- Designing inclusive activities
- Role models
- What can you do? How can you tell it was useful? (Action planning and feedback)
This workshop will take place online using Zoom, please sign up here